SPOT Tracker

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wading Thru the Stuff

Hopefully I can get an update here at some point.  I've unloaded my motorcycle but have not even unpacked yet!  First order of business was to get my brake line replaced on the truck, which entailed removing the bed, fabricating and installing the line and getting the bed back on, none of which was straight forward. I also cleaned up and undercoated the frame while the bed was off.

I had to replace an exhaust manifold gasket, fix the rear plate lights and replace the inner and outer tie rod ends on the passenger side.  I would still be at it if it wasn't for Jay, thanks for all the help!  He probably had as many tools dragged out of his garage as I did mine, in order to get it all done.  We got to play with 22 caliber explosives in the process, which made the whole thing very worthwile - who doesn't like blasting stubborn parts apart?  With any luck, I should have a valid inspection sticker before noon tomorrow. If so, it will be for the first time in about 3 years, woohoo!

I also spent about 5 hours cleaning the bike which realistically leaves about 3 hours to finish that job.

Need a little time to get unpacked, do laundry, visit Harry & Mary and pay some bills, but I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment