SPOT Tracker

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 2, Friday

462.2 miles

Today started in a light, steady drizzle. I checked the weather radar at a rest area and thought it would head East while I was heading West, and I'd be out of it in a hour or so. I couldn't  have been more wrong! It rained until the early afternoon, and for about 45 minutes it poured.  There was a lot of I had all my rain gear on and was dry, but had to stop under an overpass when my visibility dropped to nothing due to the rain and the water kicked up by all the cars and trucks doing 75 mph. Between that, my face shield and wind screen, my visibility was so bad I thought I was going to hit a guard rail pulling in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89PoAkFxN9g


The rain did finally stop and my plan to beat the Chicago traffic failed miserably!  I thought I got there early enough to beat the traffic, but I guess there is always traffic and it took me 2 or more hours to get through. I had all my rain gear on, plus a few layers and nowhere to pull over with causing a major traffic jam in order to take it off. 



Found a camp ground and called it a day.

FYI, I'm typing this on Sunday, day 4. I'm about an hour south of the Canadian border in North Dakota and the sky is blue, the clouds are white and the sun is yellow .... at 9:30 PM.


No comments:

Post a Comment